PatinaProof Treasure O' the Day!

Junyard Treasure O' The Day....

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Classic Toyota Carina's Last Ride....





Welcome to PatinaProof's inaugural post! After years of wandering beautiful Northern California's junk yards - (or is it Northern California's beautiful junk yards?) - I have decided to share some of the not so hidden treasures that I've come across... Keep in mind I shoot these on a moments notice - and usually have limited info on the vehicle... That's where you come in! Maybe you see your first car? Or perhaps memories of a road trip come to mind? Feel free to comment & share your knowledge.... And as always, if you're not sure - it's ok to make it up!

Here we have what I consider to be one of the best looking (and rare) classic Japanese old-school rides out there..... an early seventies Toyota Carina from what I can tell. I'm guessing this was the traditional little-old-lady-from-California grocery getter.... somewhere near the coast, judging from the surface rust on the roof.....

What I like: One of the meanest front ends ever! Also, great trunk lines....

Well, until next time...

Ira

2 comments:

  1. Where did you see this car??

    Lots of us would like to know, either for rescue or salvage.

    Thanks

    Jerry

    ReplyDelete
  2. That one is a real classic! I feel sad for that car. It looks like it was abandoned by his owner. I wish it will find a righteous owner. I remember the time when my dad and I used to have a classic family car. We used to drive it all the way down to our barn while listening to the early hits of the 80’s. It was so soothing and relaxing!

    ReplyDelete